If you’re on a quest to find the perfect home, you’ve probably heard of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders and their prestigious OBIE Awards. These awards recognize excellence in the home building industry, and we are thrilled to share that Ecraft has recently secured the 1st place Gold Winner title in this highly competitive event. As your trusted partner in crafting your dream home, we’re excited to delve into the exciting world of custom home design and the unique approach that sets Ecraft apart from the competition. In this blog post, we’ll explore our model of fully custom design, discuss the importance of saving versus spending, and shed light on the differences between semi-custom and full custom homes.
Ecraft’s Model of Fully Custom Home Design
At Ecraft, we pride ourselves on our commitment to creating dream homes that reflect your unique vision, needs, and aspirations. Our fully custom approach to home design is a comprehensive and collaborative process that ensures your dream home becomes a reality. Here’s how it works:
- Clients’ Needs + Communication: We put your needs and desires at the forefront of our design process. Our expert team engages in open and transparent communication with you to fully understand your requirements.
- Budget: We understand that your budget is a crucial aspect of your home project. Our team works closely with you to establish a budget that aligns with your financial capabilities while maintaining the highest quality and design standards.
- Timeline: Time is of the essence in home building. We are committed to delivering your dream home within a reasonable timeframe while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Inheritable Quality Timeless Home Build: Ecraft is dedicated to creating homes that stand the test of time, providing you and your family with an enduring living space that you can cherish for generations.
Save vs. Spend: Making Informed Choices
Building a home is a significant investment, and making informed choices can be the difference between achieving your dream home while staying within your budget or busting it wide open. Here are some tips and insights on how to manage your budget effectively:
Things to Spend On
- Cabinets: High-quality cabinets are an investment that pays off in the long run, both in terms of durability and aesthetics.
- Real Stone: Natural stone surfaces add a touch of elegance to your home and can last a lifetime.
- Good Lumber for Framing: Quality lumber is the backbone of your home’s structural integrity.
- Good Windows: Energy-efficient, high-quality windows offer better insulation and longevity.
- Good Plans: A well-thought-out architectural plan is the foundation of a successful project.
- Plumbing Roughs: Invest in quality plumbing fixtures to avoid future issues.
- The Lot and House Placement: Choosing the right location and orientation can significantly impact energy efficiency.
- Energy and Green Items: Invest in energy-efficient and environmentally friendly features that can save you money in the long term.
Things to Save On
- Countertops: Smaller countertop areas can often be sourced at discounts, especially if you wait until the time of installation.
- Lighting for Secondary Rooms: Secondary rooms don’t require extravagant lighting fixtures.
- Landscaping: Plan landscaping in phases to manage costs.
- Well-Designed Efficient House Plan: A thoughtfully designed house plan can save you money by reducing the need for excessive materials and unused square footage.
- Two Stories: Two-story homes are generally more efficient in terms of square footage and cost.
Semi-Custom vs. Full Custom Homes
Now, let’s dive into the distinctions between semi-custom and full custom homes to help you make an informed choice for your dream abode:
- Involves selecting from a builder’s pre-chosen plans with predetermined selections.
- Typically offers a one-hour design consultation in a design showroom.
- Provides limited flexibility in customizing the design to your specific needs.
- May have limitations in terms of architectural and interior design.
Full Custom Homes
- The design process often begins with an architect creating custom plans tailored to your vision and requirements.
- Some architects can also assist with architectural design for finishes, including millwork, trim, built-ins, cabinets, and material schedules.
- Clients often choose to work with an interior designer to help with hard finishes, colors, patterns, and overall aesthetic.
- The builder is selected after the design phase to execute the construction based on the custom plans.
Ecraft’s approach to custom home design embraces the full custom model. We collaborate with architects, land/civil design experts, homeowners, and project managers to create a cohesive budget and design that takes into account the client’s needs, communication, budget, timeline, and the creation of an inheritable, quality, and timeless home build.
Ecraft’s recent achievement as the 1st place Gold Winner at the Greater Atlanta Home Builders OBIE Awards is a testament to our unwavering commitment to delivering fully custom, high-quality, and timeless dream homes for our clients. When it comes to building your ideal home, our team’s expertise in managing budgets, making informed spending choices, and working collaboratively to create your vision sets us apart in the industry.If you’re embarking on the exciting journey of building a custom home, remember that your choice between semi-custom and full custom should align with your unique vision and requirements. Ecraft is here to guide you every step of the way, from the initial design concept to the finishing touches, ensuring that your dream home is not just a house but a true reflection of your lifestyle and aspirations. Reach out to us at Ecraft to begin your journey towards a fully custom, award-winning home that you can cherish for generations.